Magic Wands crowned league champs

Milngavie Wanderers 99s 10

They totted up 79 points, scoring 142 goals from 26 wins - with one draw and two losses.

In the lead-up to the last game of the season the squad had a 2-0 win over Cardonald Thistle and a fantastic 2-0 win against a very strong and physical Pollok United, before the boys met Summerston knowing that one point was all that was needed.

From the start the boys were in control.

A throw in from the right to Nathan Carmichael saw him control the ball then loop it high into the net for Milngavie’s first.

The game was running away from Summerston now and an inch perfect through ball by Louis Fisher released Wullie Fleming to score on the second attempt after the keeper made a good save.

Carmichael released an unstoppable shot to make it 3-0. With one hand on the trophy, Wanderers were now going for the jugular and good skills from Scott Simpson allowed Daniel Cairney the time to place his shot into the corner of the net.

Carmichael was on top form and rewarded with his hat-trick when he cut in from the left and released a pile driver that left the keeper stranded 5-0.

Wanderers were in easy street now and lapse in concentration allowed Summerston to score from one of their few ventures out of their own half to make the score 5-1 at halftime.

Changes were made at halftime and it wasn’t long until the score was increased.

Ben Jenkins slipped the ball to Carmichael to score his 4th of the game taking the score to 6-1.

Summerston had no answer to a team who where desperate for the celebrations to begin.

Kyle Campbell’s usual trickery produced a fine cross shot that the keeper could only parry to the feet of the awaiting Fleming who clinically finished to make the score 7-1.

Some fine football between Campbell and Rory McInnes was matched by the magical footwork of Jenkins to increase the lead to 8-1.

Captain Jack Carson was probing and commanding his team to produce more for their supporters and his team didn’t disappoint when, after a fine run the length of the pitch leaving the opposition in his wake, Simpson cut into the penalty area and slipped the ball beyond the advancing keeper 9-1.

Carson was on hand again when he released Jenkins to pass to Campbell who produced a tremendous shot into the right hand side of the net to finish the scoring.

The squad has another league cup final on Sunday against Celtic Boys Club at Toryglen.

Kick-off is 4pm. Everyone welcome.