Rower Katherine shortlisted for BBC sports person of the year
OLYMPIAN Katherine Grainger has been shortlisted for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year.
The gold medal rower from Bearsden who picked up her gold at this year’s London Olympics is one of 12 nominees which also include cyclist Chris Hoy and tennis ace Andy Murray.
Katherine (37) is a former pupil of Bearsden Academy and has been a member of the GB rowing team since 1997.
David Tanner, GB Rowing Team Performance Director said: “Katherine has been an exemplary and inspiring member of the GB Rowing Team for the past 16 years. She is determined, focussed and competitive in everything she does, coupling that with a great sense of humour and humility. She is a remarkable medal winner who knows how to connect with people, young and old, and inspire them to achieve their own goals. Needless to say, we are very proud of her”.
- St Joseph’s parents doing a protest walk in Milngavie on Wednesday to show it’s unsafe to walk to St Andrew’s Primary in Bearsden
- Balfron dad wins gold at Chelsea Flower Show
- Bad smash closes Balmore Road
- Parents continue fight to save Colquhoun Park Primary School
- Major upgrade to Loch Lomond stretch of West Highland Way planned
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Milngavie
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west