Join a heritage walk around Bearsden on Doors Open Day - Saturday, September 14.
1863 saw the opening of the railway to Milngavie. The only intermediate station on the branch at the time was given the name ‘Bearsden’. In this the 150th anniversary year the walk will take in some of the earliest parts of the area which expanded to form the town we know today.
The walk starts at 11am at North Porch, New Kilpatrick Parish Church Manse Road, Bearsden.
There is full wheelchair access and free parking.