A diner had a nasty shock after cutting his tongue on a piece of glass found in a Tesco pudding he had just served at a dinner party.
Retired garage owner Les Stewart was relaxing with friends at his Milngavie home recently and had just served some Tesco’s own brand tiramisu.
The 62-year-old said: “The piece of glass was the size of the tip of a biro pen but more elongated.
“One of the people at my dinner party was a retired GP who ran a residential home in the area. She was quite shocked and said if it had been given to residents in her home the consequences could have been much worse.”
Mr Stewart at first thought he had a piece of plastic in his mouth, but when he scratched it against a wine glass it marked it.
However, what annoyed Mr Stewart more was the attitude of the staff at the local store, adding,.
He said: “The customer care was just shocking. They said I should take a picture of the glass and bring it with the packaging so they could take action.”
A Tesco spokesperson said: “We set ourselves very high standards for the safety and quality of our food and were concerned to learn of this issue. We apologise for any distress caused to the customer and will keep him updated with the results of our investigation.”