Special meeting on future of primary schools
THE future of East Dunbartonshire’s primary school estate will be on the agenda at a special council meeting on Monday, December 10 at 6pm.
This is the latest stage in a major review and consultation about primary schools throughout the area to face up to the challenges ahead, such as falling school rolls. Councillors will discuss a range of options including school closures, mergers and joint campuses.
The meeting starts at 6pm in Tom Johnston Chamber, 12 Strathkelvin Place, Kirkintilloch. Members of the public can attend, however, part of the meeting will be held in private.
- St Joseph’s parents doing a protest walk in Milngavie on Wednesday to show it’s unsafe to walk to St Andrew’s Primary in Bearsden
- Bad smash closes Balmore Road
- Balfron dad wins gold at Chelsea Flower Show
- Parents continue fight to save Colquhoun Park Primary School
- Major upgrade to Loch Lomond stretch of West Highland Way planned
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Milngavie
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east