Milngavie and Bearsden Shinty Club gets lottery cash
MILNGAVIE and Bearsden Junior Shinty Club has been awarded a Lottery grant of £1,300 in the latest round of funding awards.
The club which meets at The Milngavie Sports Club ground at Auchenhowie, will use the money to buy helmets which are compulsory for all players under the age of 14.
The funding boost is part of the £75,000 National Lottery funding to good caused which has been allocated to clubs and groups throughout East Dunbartonshire last year.
Figures release show that over 45 grants were awarded in the district in 2012, providing a vital cash boost to local arts, sport and heritage projects and community groups.
If you want to see a project from East Dunbartonshire celebrated in this year’s National Lottery Awards, visit www.nationallotteryawards.org.uk to find out more or call 0207 293 3599. The Awards are now open for entries and any projects wishing to enter can do so by visiting the website. Entries must be received by 9am on March 19.
- Balfron dad wins gold at Chelsea Flower Show
- St Joseph’s parents doing a protest walk in Milngavie on Wednesday to show it’s unsafe to walk to St Andrew’s Primary in Bearsden
- Bad smash closes Balmore Road
- Parents continue fight to save Colquhoun Park Primary School
- Major upgrade to Loch Lomond stretch of West Highland Way planned
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Milngavie
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South west
Temperature: 7 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South