Good news for train users in Milngavie and Bearsden
RAIL commuters in Bearsden and Milngavie are going to benefit from a new pilot scheme which was launched this week.
ScotRail customers will be offered free alternative travel on First Glasgow buses if their train is severely disrupted.
Initially only be available from Glasgow Central and Queen Street, this scheme aims to make it easier for passengers to reach their destinations, particularly when extreme weather is causing significant issues on the rail network.
If the route to Bearsden and Milngavie is affected ticketholders will be able to exchange rail tickets for vouchers for the appropriate First Glasgow bus service.
- St Joseph’s parents doing a protest walk in Milngavie on Wednesday to show it’s unsafe to walk to St Andrew’s Primary in Bearsden
- Bad smash closes Balmore Road
- Balfron dad wins gold at Chelsea Flower Show
- Parents continue fight to save Colquhoun Park Primary School
- Major upgrade to Loch Lomond stretch of West Highland Way planned
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Milngavie
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east