Allander Rotary look forward to a new year
ALLANDER Rotarians are gearing up for a busy 2013 as they look forward to a new year.
So far the Milngavie based group has raised much needed money for organisations such as local community voluntary group Friendship Circle - who help house-bound people, Milngavie Youth Cafe as well as various international projects like Polio Plus.
The main fund raising event this year will be the Sportsman’s Dinner on February 21 in Milngavie Town Hall. Pupils from local secondary schools will participate in the Rotary Public Speaking Competition and the annual Primary Schools Quiz will again take place. In both cases, the local winners can progress to Rotary District and national finals.
Last year the club also worked with local organisations to help develop a footpath from the Erskine Bridge to the West Highland way.
Whilst new members are welcome, the Allander Club has created a ‘Friends of Rotary’ group for people who are interested in supporting the work of the local Rotary club. For more information go to email@example.com.
- St Joseph’s parents doing a protest walk in Milngavie on Wednesday to show it’s unsafe to walk to St Andrew’s Primary in Bearsden
- Bad smash closes Balmore Road
- Balfron dad wins gold at Chelsea Flower Show
- Parents continue fight to save Colquhoun Park Primary School
- Major upgrade to Loch Lomond stretch of West Highland Way planned
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Milngavie
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west