There will be some really ‘spoke-tacular’ events at an exciting new bike festival in Bearsden and Milngavie from this Saturday (May 28).
People of all ages and abilities are being invited to take part in this out-of-this world celebration of cycling.
From pedal-powered cinemas and extraterrestrials to African adventures and local history rides, there will be something for everyone at The Big Bike Fest which runs until June 5 and ends with a free family gala near the Allander Leisure Centre in Bearsden.
This includes an exciting stunt show, ‘funny’ bikes, cycle lessons, a skills track, bouncy castles and more.
Other events during The Big Bike Fest include:
· An Evening with Mark Beaumont: Africa Solo (June 1 at Milngavie Town Hall) - join the celebrated cyclist as he recounts riding the entire length of Africa. Free, but book tickets now to avoid disappointment.
· Family Night Ride and Cycle Cinema (June 3 - meet at Bearsden Primary) - help power the cycle cinema and enjoy a screening of ‘E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial’
· Belles on Bikes: Ladies Night Ride (May 31)
· Midweek Meander for people over the age of 60 ( May 31) - taking in local cycle routes and areas of interest
· Sunday Cycle Skool (May 29 at the Allander) - calling all mums, dads and mini-cyclists - come along and spend the morning learning to cycle, topped off with a group ride in the afternoon with SustransSunday Cycling Skool. Free, but booking essential.
· Bike Breakfast with Dr Bike (June 1)
· Mr Chipping’s History Ride (June 4) - join the Victorian headmaster for an historic tour of Bearsden by bicycle.
Visit www.thebigbikefest.org.uk to book.