MEMBERS of Bearsden amateur dramatics group, Kilmardinny Players, have no time to hide under the duvet.
Their latest production “The Continental Quilt” by Joan Greening demands lots of energy and stamina.
This typical farce is instantly recognisable by a profusion of nightwear and an extraordinary high number of doors opening and closing. Thanks to a grant from East Dunbartonshire’s Arts Council the Players have been able to purchase some new door flats for the set.
By the end of a thoroughly hilarious, inconsequential and improbable plot, practically every member of the cast of 10 is ready for bed, having negotiated at least five of the six doors and coping with the rhyme-time repartee and fast pace of the script.
The play is on at Kilmardinny Arts Centre from Thursday, November 15 to Saturday, November 17 inclusive. For tickets visit their website www.kilmardinnyplayers.org
SHOW MUST GO ON . . . members of the cast in an early rehearsal of “The Continental Quilt”.
- Balfron dad wins gold at Chelsea Flower Show
- St Joseph’s parents doing a protest walk in Milngavie on Wednesday to show it’s unsafe to walk to St Andrew’s Primary in Bearsden
- Bad smash closes Balmore Road
- Parents continue fight to save Colquhoun Park Primary School
- Major upgrade to Loch Lomond stretch of West Highland Way planned
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Milngavie
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South west
Temperature: 7 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South